MA Wood, Metal and Plastics, University of Wolverhampton.
PGCE Art Education, University of Central England.
BA(Hons) Wood, Metal and Plastics, Wolverhampton Polytechnic.
2015 Visiting Lecturer BA(Hons) Three Dimensional Design: Idea, Material, Object, Bath Spa University.
2014 – Pres. Part Time Lecturer, BA(Hons) Contemporary Crafts, Hereford College of Arts.
2014 – 2015 Visiting Lecturer, BA(Hons) Design Crafts, De Montfort University.
2012 – 2014 Programme Leader, BA(Hons) Contemporary Craft, Plymouth College of Art.
2012 Visiting Lecturer, BA(Hons) 3D Design Programme, Staffordshire University.
2011 Visiting Lecturer, University of Wolverhampton.
2005 – 2011 Award Leader BA(Hons) 3D Design Programme, Staffordshire University.
1998 – 2005 Lecturer, BA(Hons) Design Crafts, Staffordshire University.
1998 Visiting Lecturer, University of Wolverhampton.
2014 Arts Council England, Grants for the Arts Award for ‘Georgian Enamels: Piecing together a new narrative’
2008 Arts Council England, Grants for the Arts Award for ‘A Decade in the Making’ publication.
2004 Arts and Humanities Research Board, grant for ‘Making Connections’ Craftsense project.
2000 West Midlands Arts, Creative Ambitions Award, grant for Chelsea Crafts Fair.
1998 David Canter Memorial Fund award for workshop equipment.
2015 Leaving Home: A New Setting for Contemporary Craft, Contemporary Applied Arts, London.
2014 Automata, Ruthin Craft Centre, Wales.
2014 Christmas Exhibition, Bircham Gallery, Norfolk.
2013 Unravelling The Vyne, The Vyne National Trust House, Basingstoke.
2013 Once Upon A Time In The Midlands, Bliston Craft Gallery, West Midlands & Shire Hall Gallery, Stafford.
2013 Faux Georgian (Solo), Shire Hall Gallery, Stafford.
2012 MADE LONDON Design & Craft Fair, London.
2012 Great Northern Contemporary Craft Fair, Manchester.
2012 Gold Silver & Bronze, Shire Hall Gallery, Stafford.
2012 Meer Seen, Craft 2eu, Hamburg, Germany.
2012 The Kitchen Garden, Bilston Craft Gallery, West Midlands.
2010 Tall Stories, Devon Guild of Craftsmen.
2009 Les Mecaniques du Bonheur, Automates Galerie, Brussels, Belgium.
2009 Playing with Fire, a touring exhibition of contemporary enamel, curated by The Devon Guild and the British Society of Enamellers.
2008 Effervescence 3, West Dean.
2008 Origin, presented by the crafts council at Somerset House, London.
2007 Made in the Middle, a Craftspace touring exhibition.
2007 Craftbox, Bilston Gallery.
2006 Jahresmesse fur Kunsthandwerk, Hamburg Museum of Arts and Crafts, Germany.
2006 Fish n Ships, Craft 2eu, Hamburg, Germany.
2006 End of the Pier, Rufford Craft Centre, Nottinghamshire.
2005 Automata, Aberystwyth Arts Centre.
2005 Making Friends, Araft2eu, Hamburg, Germany.
2005 Full Fathoms Five, 6 Chapel Row Gallery, Bath.
2004 Our Environment, Platform Gallery, Lancashire.
2004 Telling Tales, Bilston Craft Gallery, West Midlands.
2003 British Mechanical Automata, Levantehause, Hamburg, Germany.
2003 Automata, Rufford Craft Centre.
2003 This is a Wind Up (Solo), Model House Craft and Design Centre, Wales.
2003 Focus, Contemporary Applied Arts, London.
2003 Gone Today – Here Tomorrow, Hitchcock’s, Bath.
2002 Chelsea Crafts Fair, Crafts Council, London.
2002 Handmade 2, a Craftspace/Staffordshire County Council touring exhibition.
2002 In-art-iculate, an Art.tm touring exhibition.
2002 Stuff and Nonsense, Black Swan Arts, Somerset.
2002 Automata Extravaganza, Artifex Gallery, West Midlands.
2001 Chelsea Crafts Fair, Crafts Council.
2001 Drawn to the Sea, Godfrey and Watt, Harrogate.
2001 The Beach, Rufford Craft Centre, Nottinghamshire.
2001 Up and Running, 20-21 Arts Centre, Lincolnshire.
2000 Chelsea Crafts Fair, Crafts Council.
2000 8th Annual Automata Show, Hitchcock’s, Bath.
2000 Shake, Rattle and Roll, Grace Barrand Design Centre, Surrey.
2000 Show Case (Solo), West Midlands Arts, Birmingham.
2000 Automata, The Pearooms, Lincolnshire.
1999 Made in the Middle, a Craftspace touring exhibition.
1999 The Great Exhibition, Hitchcock’s, Bath.
1999 Children, Beatrice Royal Contemporary Art and Craft, Hampshire.
1998 Valuing the Arts, Arts and Media Centre, Shrewsbury.
1998 A Celebration of the Sea, Fisherton Mill, Salisbury.
1998 Art on the Move, Wysing Arts, Cambridgeshire.
1997 Automania, Platform Gallery, Lancashire.
1997 Making Movement, Oriel Myrrdin, Carmarthen.
2013 Mary! Mary! Mary! Strike! Strike! Strike!, tin plate automata commission for the Once Upon A Time In The Midlands exhibition, Bilston Craft Gallery.
2013 Gate Gate, automata enamel box commission by Unravelled Arts for the Unraveling The Vyne exhibition at The Vyne National Trust property.
2007 A Present for the People of England, commission for two automata enamel boxes. Commissioned by Shropshire County Council and Bilston Gallery for Craftbox.
2006 The Stamp Collector, a collaborative commission with craftsmaker Jason Cleverly to make an interactive exhibit for the Museum of the Jewellery Quarter, Birmingham.
2006 Ramayana Automata, commission for five printed tin automata in response to the Hindu tale of Ramayana. Mythstories Museum, Shropshire.
2004/5 Making Connections – Craftsense, commission for three enamel objects. A collaboration with Bilston Crafts Gallery, and Bilston and Battersea Enamels Ltd.
2004 Message in a Box, printed tin automata commission for Cannock Chase District Council’s Arts Development Unit and Cannock NHS Trust.
2001 Over Sands, commission for a printed tin automaton donation feature for Cartmel Gatehouse Heritage Centre, Cumbria.
1999 Bleep..danger of Annihilation! Bleep!! (Discovery 2), printed tin automaton created for Craftspace’s Small Scale Automata touring exhibition, Craftspace.
1998 Go by Bus, printed tin automaton commissioned for the Shropshire County Council/’s Valuing the Arts scheme.
Work Featured in Journals/Publications:
- Craft & Design, ISSN 2044-3234, May/June 2015
- Crafts, Unravelling a House of Many Historis, Reviews, ISSN: 0306-610X, Sept/Oct 2013.
- Le Vif-l’Express, Belgium, 2009.
- House & Garden, October, 2008.
- Schoener Wohnen, Germany, ISSN 0941-5718, March 2007.
- Kunstlerisches Speilzeug, Germany, ISSN 0454-6539, 2006.
- Crafts, Shortform, ISSN: 0306-610X, July/August 2006.
- Automata and Mechanical Toys, Author Rodney Pepe, published by Crowood Press, ISSN 18612665107, 2002.
- Made in the Middle exhibition catalogue, ISSN 0 9526832, 2007.
- Crafts, Shortform, ISSN: 0306-610X, July/August, 2006.
- Country Living, ISSN 0951-0281, September 2002.
- Crafts, ISSN: 0306-610X, March/April 2002.
- American House and Garden, USA, ISSN 1087-9528, March 2001.
- Made in the Middle exhibition catalogue, ISSN 0 9526832 2 9, 1999.
- Crafts, Lookout, ISSN 0306-610x, Nov/December 1998.
- AN magazine, ISSN: 02613425, July 1998.
- Country Living, ISSN: 0951-0281, February 1998.
- Machine Made by Hand: Craft Fakery, Obfuscation and Satire, a talk as part of The Importance of the Handmade lecture series in the Talk Tipi at the Contemporary Craft Festival, Bovey Tracey, June 2013.
- Automata: Serious craft genre or frivolous amusement, Craft Research, volume 4 number 1, ISSN 2040-4689, February 2013.
- Making Connections, a commission for Bilston Craft Galleries exhibition – Interpreting Georgian enamel artefacts through the creation of contemporary enamel objects, for the Society of British Enamellers journal Enamel, winter issue 2005.
- Celebrating the conservation of the Bilston Enamels, co-authored magazine article – with Andrew Alvarez and Lesley Durbin for Conservation News, the journal for the United Kingdom Institute for the Conservation of Historic Artefacts, ISSN: 0309 2224, March 2005.